Even starting small, if you do this for a number of years, the amount raised can be significant.
How much money you and your customers raise depends on a variety of factors:
- the type of customers you have
- your volume of transactions
- how well you offer them micro-donations
- how long you keep micro-donations
- how well your business grows
- how you choose to promote this to potential customers
Some eCommerce businesses in the network have customers where 12% add a micro-donation and others have 85%.
Generally the closer we can align a project to the values of your customers (and your company),the higher the engagement rate.
If your business had 1,000 online transactions every month, and 30% of customers made a $2 micro-donation, you'd raise $8,000 per year.
Or $80,000 in a decade.
That might not sound like a great deal, but one of the challenges facing charities and NGO's is fundraising for sustainable projects and one of the benefits we have discovered with micro-donations and eCommerce is the ability to fund things on a regular basis such as teacher salaries for example.